Monday, November 17, 2008

Raleigh Yarn Pr0n

Last weekend the husband and I took another trip up to North Carolina, this time with my family. We went to visit my sister and to attend SoJam an A Capella event that my sister has been putting together since August. (Which was totally awesome and if you ever get a chance to go you should - and while you're at it you should see Fork live too).

I had promised her that I would have her present completed in time for the event and nothing… not even the husband rushing me out of the house without DPNs would stop me from getting her the beret.

The first order of business (after seeing the sister) was a trip to a LYS, which luckily was just down the street from our hotel. I grabbed the DPNs that I needed to finish the band of the beret and then took my sweet time succumbing perusing the yarn selection.



They had everything Rowan and the husband had to drag me out of there before I purchased a sweaters worth of Rowan Summer Tweed. One skein of Cascade Heritage did jump into my arms as we were leaving, as did another set of Sox Stix.