Pattern: Verity (Rav. Link) by Ysolda Teague.
Needles: 4.5 mm circs and DPNs
Yarn: Cascade 220 in 8891.
Began: October 5, 2008
Completed: November 8, 2008
My sister not only picked out the pattern for her Christmas present, she was very, very specific on the shade of blue that it was to be.
You know, I just realized that everything that I have made for my sister have been the same tealish-aqua blue color. First the Scarf for her birthday and now this beret.
The pattern is very easy to follow, very clear instructions both written and charted. There are four sizes, of which I made the large (and you can sorta tell how tight of a knitter I am if you check out some of the other projects on Ravelry). The only modification that I made was to skip the I-cord little stem at the top. Which I know you can't really see in the picture but I've made the sister promise to take another so you can see the top pattern. She still has to pick out a suitable button to be sewn on later. A larger needle size could have been substituted as well, but she didn't want a really floppy beret.
This was also my first time using Cascade... which I will definitely use again and not just because I happen to have more in the stash. It was pleasant to knit with and very durable feeling.
All in all a great knit. I may end up making one for myself.
ETA (12.28.08): I finally got a picture of the back of the hat!!
|