What can this become? (It's a twist-tie normally).
I was in such a hurry this morning that it didn't dawn on me that my usual work project (Husbands Socks) were ready to be grafted, the first one anyway.
It wasn't until I was at work that I realized this and desperately went looking around for a needle, to either graft the toe or at least to string waste yarn through so that I could cast on the second sock.
No one had a needle.
So I made one. Out of a twist-tie. I wouldn't try to graft with it, but it worked very well for running waste yarn through as I put both ends together and twisted until I only had a small "eye" for the yarn.
I won't lie. I was quite pleased with myself for the idea. :)
What strange items have you used in a knitting bind?
|