Last Wednesday was an unexpected day off. See, the husband had spent Tuesday outside fixing the filter of a friend’s pond and had burnt his corneas from the reflection of the sun off of the water. Needless to say he was extremely sensitive to light and was in quite a bit of pain so we took the day off and I drove him around town to get his eyes checked out. After a prescription and a long nap, he felt much better.
While he was napping, I was working on my list from last Tuesday.
Finally off the bobbins, 4 oz of Spunky Eclectic’s Merino/Tencel blend in Hidden. Approximately 240 yards at about 15 WPI. The first 2 oz have been on the bobbin for a long long time (maybe February?). I absolutely love, love, love this blend of fibers and find it such a dream to spin.
I must admit though I was extremely lazy in plying, just wanting to get it over with. I was also having issues with the wheel and the grout in the tile. (I know I could have just moved so the wheel would sit evenly on the tile, but then I wouldn’t be able to see the tv!) Several times during the plying I stopped to peak at my progress and was disappointed in the twist of the ply. It seemed much too tight in some places and much too loose in others. But I spun on.
It was wound off and removed from the niddy-noddy and to my surprise it is the best balanced skein I’ve spun to date! There was only slight twist immediately off the niddy-noddy, and after a soaking and some whacking there is no extra twist at all!! I didn’t even weight the skein down as it was drying!
I keep studying the plies, trying to find those really ugly portions that I had disliked so much…. But they are nowhere to be found. And every time I pass this it’s so difficult not to cast-on something with it!
|