Just something that I've been keenly aware of today. I thought that I should share it with my friends.
I lose needles with other non-sock projects, but since I use DPNs for socks* I'm always losing needles.
So far while knitting the current sock project on the needles Spring Forward, I've lost a DPN SIX times. Sometimes it may just be lost in my hair (a con to really thick hair), sometimes the missing needle is hiding underneath something on the table, or in the creases of the couch. One time there was even a needle hiding underneath the husbands XBox. (Which I'm still not entirely convinced that it wasn't helped into it's hiding spot).
But you know, the only time I've lost a needle for good... well. It wasn't even on a project! It was lost somewhere between me placing the set in the mason jar that I keep them in (on top of a bookshelf I might add), and when I took them out to knit my next sock.
So what is the strangest place that you have ever found a missing needle?
*really I should think of switching to circs but I'm not sure the fiddliness of the cables would outweigh the losing of the needles.
|