Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I haz grown up!

Nothing new to report on the knitting front as nothing was worked on yesterday. Why? You ask?

Husband and I finally have "grownup" furniture!! We got our bedroom set from World Market where they are having a huge sale! The bed and two nightstands were able to come home with us last night but we have to pick up the two dressers tonight, because there were no guys working yesterday and they were just too high up and too heavy for any of the girls to safely get them.

So we hauled them home and grabbed our full sized mattress and box spring to switch out with my queen size bed at my parents loaded them onto the car and husband headed to the parent's to make the switch (we did ask their permission of course). In the meantime I started assembling the nightstands and had one finished by the time he came home.

Before the night was over I had assembled, all on my lonesome, two nightstands, and of course helped in assembling the bed. See!


Oh the majesty!


*Sigh* And oh the difference a queen-sized bed makes! Oh the joy of being able to hog more space! Oh the wonderfulness that is not stubbing your toes on bricks in the morning!! :)

Tonight I hope to squeeze in a few rows of something, either Icarus or my mom's socks. I'll probably be knitting in bed now that I have a headboard that I can lean against... I have a headboard!! (Color me more than excited!)

The rest of the evening will be taken up assembling the two dressers and getting rid of the stuff that we have now. Huzzah!

I feel so grown up!