I know that everyone says that SAFF is a small fiber festival, especially compared to the likes of Rhinebeck and Maryland Sheep and Wool, but seriously. This was my first fiber festival and I was overwhelmed by the amount of vendors and the throngs of people! And we only went on Friday, which meant there were less crowds (as most of the animals were not there until Saturday).
To be perfectly honest I was way to busy trying to take everything in, and to not explode at all the choices and cool things, to take pictures. Thankfully husband was the designated cameraman for the day.
I did take the beginning spinning class in the afternoon and met some other Ravelrers.
For the first hour or so I really thought that I was going to cry I sucked so badly! Everything was way overspun and thick as my pinky. But by the end of the class I was getting the hang of it. Sure my singles are still overspun in spots, but the consistency of the singles is better.
After the class got to hang out with Alyson and Aimee as they totally enabled by helping me decide on a wheel. (Which by the way, the debate was solely on the fact that husband liked the looks of the darker stained woods over the the blond woods.) Unfortunately, no pictures because husband had to run back to the car to get the means to pay for my birthday/Christmas present... Which pictures of, as well as pictures of the rest of my loot will be shown tomorrow! :)
|