Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Cables

Yesterday at work was just one of those days where the temperature was cold enough to make one miserable, but not cold enough to wear my jacket properly. (Meaning that I ended up wearing it backwards with only my arms in the sleeves). This got me thinking that what I needed was some wrist warmers that covered my lower arms and most of my hands, so I did a search of Ravelry and found this pattern.

Indeed I spent the rest of my workday trying to remember if I had some leftover Lion's Brand Wool from a scarf that I had made long ago to construct the wrist warmers from. Once home I rushed to my "Crappy Yarn Bin" (while not any of it is actually crappy, it's just what it's been dubbed), to rifle through with my fingers crossed, which was extremely difficult.

I discovered a whole ball of Lion's Brand Wool, worsted weight in the same color as my scarf! (I had purchased it because I thought it was the same weight as my scarf. This was before I realized that Lion Brand has a worsted weight and an aran weight.) Needles were found and the new project was cast on!



And while I was taking pictures look what husband came in and brought me!



And he asked me if it would be okay with me if we forgo climbing today in favor of a date!! Can life get any better?!

Question: Now these are easy cables, with only one row of the pattern repeat being actually cabled. What I'm not sure of is the looseness of the last stitch of the cable. Is this normal and how might one fix it if it isn't? I was debating twisting the last stitch to see what that might do.



My finger is on the offending stitch. Any ideas?