I'm not usually an unorganized person! I'm usually so much the opposite! All my books are orderly, same with my closet... and you should see my work space! Everything so tidy!
Not so with my fiber storage/knitting projects! It's so sad how much it has spread and in so very little time! I didn't even realize it until I was cleaning this morning. I don't know where to put it all or how to organize it/ store it!
So I'm going out on a limb. I am going to show you the madness that is my fibery growth, messiness, disarray and all. I need your help to figure out a good way to keep it all together in a house that has no closet space. (Although please keep in mind that I can make husband give me back one of my bookshelves so that will probably be the basis of it all). Oh, and also it has to be placed at least 4 feet off of the ground since having three big dogs might mean another fibery disaster!
First we have the "main" fiber stash. This is in what will eventually be my knitting room, in a closet that will soon no longer be there (due to renovations it will be flipped into walking space in the bathroom).
At the top, there is roving and most of my yarn stash. At the bottom, in the wire basket/cube, there are leftover remnants of completed projects and lots of the yarn that you buy (from JoAnns or Michaels) when you first begin knitting before you realize there is much better stuff out there.
In the same room, sock yarn on my stereo.
Now into the kitchen, where the kitchen table is covered in various projects, knitting books and yarn. It's even hiding behind the plants!!
There is clean wool multiplying between the refrigerator and the kitchen table.
On the island we have wool to be washed and dried. (The stove is also taken with a huge canning pot that I use but it has no where else to go).
And next to the couch we have my big knitting bag, packed to bursting with projects, most of which are hibernating anyway.
Now you've seen the insanity that is my house. I hope that you will not judge me for my ever growing mess. But hope instead that you will help me with my plight!
Seriously, any ideas are welcome!
|