Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Slight Ray of Hope

The mojo isn't back completely, but I may have figured out why there is little/no knitting.

You see the projects I have are not happy projects. They are tedious and dull or I have made mistakes that steals the joy from the knitting. Allow me to elaborate.

Daddy's Scarf - there is one row where I must have been drunk or asleep because it's knit when it should have been purled and I didn't notice it till much, much, much later. (I would have to rip out a good four to five inches off this sucka). And it's a scarf. Scarves, unless short seem to be tedious and slow by nature no matter how wonderful and brilliant the pattern.

The Baby Project - While neither tedious or dull I did make quite a few mistakes at the very beginning, so I solved that by casting off my biggest "swatch" (for that is what it shall now be called) ever! Also there may be a slight problem with the fact that I'm using a thinner yarn that will make this project take forever, but I'm probably going to go with it anyway. (Pictures up now on Ravelry incase you're curious as to what it is.... Except you Kari!

Padded Footlets - This one was quite easy to figure out. One I very much dislike the Tofutsies that I chose for the CC. I like the Tofutsies yarn, just not for this sock. I'm thinking it would like to be an airy scarf instead. The other problem is that I've never done this type of heel before (Short Row?) so the directions, to me, are tricksy! But now I've started them (for the third, or is it fourth? time) as a solid color. We shall see how these progress.



Oh and since I can't mention "baby"less blogging to The YoYo and not pull through myself. Here are what my babies look like on a gloomy, about-to-rainny day when husband is outside doing more interesting things.



Man thats a crappy picture! :)