The weekend was wonderfully conducive to knitting. There were thunderstorms both afternoons and most of Sunday was raining, dreary and damp anyway. And luckily our house has a metal roof (which if you love to sit inside and listen to the rain I highly recommend), the pinging of fat raindrops on the roof is a welcome sound.
Saturday was mostly for cleaning but I did get a few rows done of the Autumn Embossed Leaves sock done. I have noticed that I will post a crazy goal for my knitting and never come close to meeting it. Example the previous post hoping that the sock would be finished on Saturday. I should know better! I am a slow knitter. If it took me a week to knit the first half of the sock, and 3 days to turn the heel I should not expect to complete the gussets, foot and toe in one day! I have to laugh at myself looking at some of the outrageous goals I've set for myself in previous posts. At least there is something to aim for!
Oh, and sock progress??... They're done!
(I finished the toe just now, 6.12 pm on Monday will post pictures tomorrow since it's raining and dark.)
Knit pretty much solely on Sunday. Husband, brother and I spent the rainy day with our butts parked on the couch having a random movie marathon. (South Park season 7 in its almost entirety, Blade 1 and 2, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets). There was some lulls in the knitting during movies, mostly because after awhile my wrists would be sore.
So far from this list:
-Sister's Birthday Scarf was started and completed. A smashing success!
-I have the first ball of husband's sweater finished.
I'm 62% sure that I will cast on the project for cousin's baby after the socks are completed, you know just to give me a break from socks. There is a 25% chance that the Padded Footlets will be re-cast on. 3% chance that the Diamond Scarf will be worked on, 0% chance that the garter stitch scarf will be worked on and a 10% chance that I will start something brand-spankin-new.
Monday, July 2, 2007
Rainy with a Good Chance of an Afternoon Nap.
Posted by
The Gadabout Knitter
at
6:13 PM
Labels: Autumn Leaves Socks, Husband's Sweater, Socks, Tasks
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|