Friday, June 29, 2007

Two in One

So I sat there and contemplated. I could try to fix it so that it wasn't messed up at all, or I could just k2tog twice and call it a day. You have no idea how alluring the second option was. After almost 30 minutes of debating I took action.

My friends, I accomplished what I thought I couldn't do. I studied the extra two stitches and I fixed it!!! That's right, I actually fixed something! Sure it doesn't look exactly perfect, but it definitely looks a lot better than two k2togs would have.

See?


The screwed up portion is at the 5 1/2 inch mark. Sure if you look closely you can see it, but I think I did a pretty decent job at it. Oh yeah I've got almost 7 inches (as you can see in the photo) completed with a slight amount on the first ball left. I don't know if this is good yarn mileage or not, but I did knit a good size swatch out of the same ball. I hope so.

And...



Well, you see... this past week was a fairly slow week knitting-wise. I just didn't want to knit anything at all. So I cast on the second sock, just to get the mojo flowing... well, one thing lead to another and there it is. All the way to the gussets.

And can you see the difference? Maybe this will help.



The second sock is most definitely and assuredly red whereas the first sock is brown. Both knit from the same ball. I love it! I'm hoping that the toe of the second sock ends up brown since the first sock's toe ended up red. *Crosses fingers* Hopefully they will be completed and ready for their photo shoot tomorrow!