Pattern: Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt from Favorite Socks
Needles: 2.75 mm DPNs
Yarn: Fleece Artist Nova Sock in Mahogany from my SP10 Pal
I loved knitting this pattern! And looking back I have enough yarn to lengthen the leg (which I will be sure to do next time). I'm seriously debating getting another skein of this colorway and knitting them again.
Cast on last night...
Good thing I always write at work, save a draft and post when I get home (once photos are added)! I had written a huge speel about what I'm doing for my cousin's upcoming baby, pictures were to be included and then, sitting here bored at work I check Facebook...
Cousin left me a message that she "Loves my knitting blog"!! GAH! I have to go back and make sure I haven't posted too much information!! Damage control!
All I will say is it took me 3 tries to get it started. It was bit tricky casting on 5 sts and working them in a round on DPNs. Husband was laughing at me because I finally decided to sit indian style and prop the not-in-use DPNs on the couch so they wouldn't slip out of the yarn. (This led me to being horribly hunched over, face right over the needles... good thing he didn't get photos!)
Oh, but if you're really dying to see what I've got on the needles for her (and can't figure it out from the above... thankfully she doesn't knit) I will post pictures on Ravelry as it progresses. Wait! You have to register to see Ravelry right? She can't go snooping for pictures on there? Hmm... I must go investigate!
|