This meme has been going around the blogworld. I figured I've had this blog long enough that I'd delve a little bit deeper and let you get to know me a little bit better.
1. My first (and really what I would consider my only) passion is horses. I ride English and began taking lessons when I was 7 through when I turned 15. I no longer take lessons as I have no money for it at the moment. My major goal in life is to have 7+ acres and to teach little kids how to ride. Along these lines I would love to own Friesians.
2. Related to the first, for some odd and unknown reason this Rolex commercial makes me cry. And I don't mean just tear up, I mean makes me want to out and out bawl. Go figure. Husband doesn't understand it either. (Thank God he finds it endearing).
3. I have a bachelors in Athletic Training/Sports Medicine but my job is not really related to my major. (Although it does work with Injury Prevention Programs in Florida). I chose this major because both of my parents have medical professions and I love soccer. Made sense.
4. There was a small possibility that I might major in the Classics (Mythology) because I love mythological stories. All of my pets are named after mythological characters (Atlas, Loki and our bird's name is Raa). I didn't go into this because the most common job would be teaching and I'm not the best person to be dealing with kids. I also contemplated a major in German because I love Germanic culture and the Germanic countries.
5. I can play the piano, the trumpet and (somewhat) the violin.
6. Husband and I collect weapons. This is not something that we tell most people because it usually gets an odd reaction. Most of our inventory are not firearms but instead swords and staffs.
7. I am 1/2 Filipino but my name is Hawaiian. This confuses many people when they meet me. Also the fact that I'm 5'10" leads lots of people to believe that I cannot really be 1/2 Filipino.
Monkey socks tomorrow.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
7 Things You Don't Know
Posted by
The Gadabout Knitter
at
2:03 PM
Labels: Non-knitting
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|