The plan was to come home and spend some time with husband before he left for a church retreat, then finish up the Monkeys and begin the next pair of socks. That was the plan. It was a good plan.
The knitting gods didn't agree with the plan. They hated, abhorred, loathed the plan. Minutes into my arrival home there was a tragedy. A tragedy that far surpassed the morning that my Lantern Moon case was demolished.
Don't be lead astray by the cute and cuddliness of this face. Beware of the wagging tail and the sweet looks that clearly want all your attention. These are all meant to lower your defenses.
When you least expect it... He goes and pulls your yarn apart!
So the last precious moments with husband this weekend were full of unplesantries (not at husband of course, but at the yarn and at the puppy). And instead of spending the past few hours finishing up Monkey socks and beginning a new pair of socks, I've been sitting here struggling with this massive tangled mess.
Before husband left he tried to help untangle, but to no avail. Beware, the following pictures are not for the weak at heart!!
You'll notice in the second picture there is a small cake of yarn on the counter to the left of husband. This was a small portion that was untouched by the puppy and I had to cut it free from the rest of the tangled mess. I also am trying to at least keep the different cakes in order. The part that was cut was attached to the winder and we began untangling at the opposite end, this way when I knit with the yarn I can begin with one cake and know that the next cake begins where the last one left off.
Yeah, I started this at 12.27 am last night. It's 12.15 pm now and there is still yarn left to be untangled. :(