Why yes I believe I do! But not today. Sorry!
I was sorta down because I thought that at the rate my Monkey sock was going I wouldn't have the first one completed before the end of the month. Well thanks to a week (since this past Monday) of boss-free and coworker-free work, and nothing to do to boot... let's just say that it's Wednesday and the foot is finished! Huzzah!
Unfortunately I have promised myself that I WILL NOT begin the decreases for the toe at work. While basically everyone in my section is gone there are still people in the building and on this floor in my division so if someone comes in for whatever reason I need to be able to toss it in the drawer or under my desk. I figured I have a better chance of losing my place on the toe (or horrors even dropping a stitch!), so the sock will have to be completed in the comfort and safety of my home.
Hopefully the sock will be all done tonight.
Then there will be a hiatus. No, not from knitting or even blogging, but from Monkey socks. You see I found out last night that my cousin (who is really more like my big sister) is going to have a baby in December!! This adds to the projects that need to be completed by Christmastime or before and I've been slacking pretty badly on every other project already on needles.
Dad's last-year's Christmas present (the Diamond scarf) has not seen one row of progress since... I don't even know when, maybe last month? That is first on the list to be completed so that I can begin this years Christmas presents. Of course I will alternate Christmas presents with the Garter-stitch scarf for husband just for some variety (to alleviate my boredom with the diamond pattern).
On deck (but not on needles) include:
- A tea-cosy for mom out of this yarn here.
- Socks for sister (Christmas present) with this, although no pattern has been picked out yet.
- Something for cousin's-new-baby.
As well as Christmas presents for brother, dad (for this coming Christmas, not last), and husband's mom.
Meh. I sure hope that May isn't as blah as April has been. I'll never get any of this accomplished!
*ETA - While finding the links for the above pictures I noticed that I started the Monkey sock on March 27th... It's taken me almost a month to knit ONE SOCK! Told you I was slow! :) And I'll be darned if I'm going to let it be more than one month! (Talk about motivation)!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Do I forsee a FO in the future?
Posted by
The Gadabout Knitter
at
8:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|