Saturday was much less shopping and much more visiting. Even though my phone was upset at me and not getting reception in the main arena, I eventually was able to meet up with one of the many FoP (Rav. Link), Cary who makes gorgeous embroidered felted stitch markers!.
(Sorry, no picture… I was so ADD by all the fiber fumes it didn't occur to me to snap a pic – Cary has one though. I'll have to see if she'll let me have a copy.)
She and I chatted in the fleece room while the husband perused the fleeces. I just couldn't make up my mind between all the gorgeous alpaca fleeces, a few Icelandic fleeces and one or two Romnies… so I let the husband make the decision. He was extremely cute as we walked back and forth between two dark alpaca fleeces, unable to decide which one he liked better.

Eventually he did decide on 2 lbs of alpaca (I eventually did tell him that we didn't necessarily have to buy the whole bag of fleece, thanks to the fact that the owner was standing right there.)
After that we headed back into the main arena and came upon another February Lady…

Cristi graciously allowed me to hijack the picture from her blog.
And look! I did find buttons!! (Thanks Cheryl for the reminder!) The buttons are from River's Edge Weaving Studio and are actually cut from Tagua nuts that are found in the rainforest and then dyed. A. ended up picking up some for her current sweater on the needles as well. I promise I'll take a close up of them soon... just not today.
The only other purchase that I haven't covered was one that the husband was the instigator of.


A Strauch Petite. (Which I think is his hint that he wants the three fleeces in the laundry room gone).
Whew!
|