Our little band of travelers left Tallahassee late Thursday afternoon and began our quest for fiber. With little traffic and few stops, we managed to make it to our destination (about an hour west of Asheville) around midnight. We were up and out the door again before 7 to get in as soon as the doors opened on Friday.
Friday was extremely rainy and dreary all day long. If you add poor road conditions, sleepiness and curvy mountain roads you do not end up with a good thing. We did have a small fender bender (or headlight bender as the case may be) with a guard rail. Very fortunately there was very minor damage to the car, the boys were able to fix more-or-less with a crowbar, and no one was injured.
Even with our slight delay, we managed to make it to the convention center prior to the doors opening at 9 – which was great because we both managed to snag 6 oz of camel roving that had sold out last year prior to my arrival.
We hit every booth (twice). And managed to get most everything on our lists. This is what I hauled away on Friday.
Our first stop was Little Barn booth where we grabbed 8 oz of camel down before it sold out (again). I also made off with 8 oz of linen to try out.

A close up of the linen

Sanguine Gryphon's booth was the next big hit on the cards.

4 oz of her BFL Roving in Highland Fling came home for me...

...and Little Traveller yarn came home for socks for the husband.

At Knitting Notions I picked up another skein of her Bamboo/Merino in Ironstone (like the one I purchased at Convergence) to make Icarus out of. I also picked up another sock keeper to replace the one that was shredded by Loki and a shawl pin... for you know. Whenever I decide to knit myself a shawl. (Hey, it's incentive right?)

Miss Babs Bamboo Baby in a nameless dye table special had my name written all over it. Going to be socks, most likely the Duckies (Rav. Link)
And the last purchase of the day?

Brooks Farm Acero requested by the husband for another pair of socks.
How the husband came away with more sock yarn then myself, I'll never know.
|