I have pictures! I do! I just have no way to get those pictures onto the blog. So for now, you'll just have to take my word that things are progressing and that one day soon there will be a huge blog post with pictures. Lots and lots of pictures!
The trip to Orlando was fairly quick and painless. The meeting went smoothly and I got to see my new "niece" (Reallly she's my second cousin, but Filipino's can be very lax about what extended family members should really be called). She being the one who the Steeler's Baby Blanket was knit for. I also got to hang out with my best friend and see him preform at a local coffee shop. Fun times!
The second Jaywalker is onto the foot... hopefully should be done in the next few days. My dad's scarf is progressing to near three feet long and I'm almost done with the first skein of Malabrigo. My goal is to finish the first skein before the week is up.
The shawls are still in a holding pattern. Icarus, because I can flind my flippin chart and the Feather and Fan because I need to spin some more for it.
And speaking of spinning!! I have some Fawn Alpaca on the bobbin at the moment, that I'm aiming for a two-ply laceweight. I'm taking it really slowly and trying not to mess it all up. I've found that spinning from the fold is a wonderful thing with Alpaca.
Also before I left my order from Hello Yarn came in! A total of 2 lbs 8oz of fibery goodness for my shawl! It's lovely stuff that I just want to roll in! It's also seriously making me want another wheel so I can have a few projects on the bobbins. (I'm thinking of a Minstrel, but shhh don't mention it to my husband!)
Monday, April 14, 2008
Show and Tell
Posted by
The Gadabout Knitter
at
7:49 AM
Labels: Dad's Scarf, Fibery goodness, Shawls, Socks, Spinning
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|