So I'm going to kill two birds with one stone post.
Last week was an extremely busy one! On Wednesday, husband's birthday, I surprised him by inviting a few of our close friends out to dinner at his favorite place (Chili's). It almost didn't happen, since he didn't want to go eat at 5.30... instead he kept voting for 8 pm. Luckily, he finally caved when I kept telling him that I was hungry now! ;) Fun times and drinks were had by all!
Then Friday came around and there was another surprise party, this time for Shell. It was a lovely dinner at a local restaurant, Georgios. Lots of Shell's knitting friends made it out, as well as plenty of co-workers... I texted her on our way to the restaurant, as a "reply" to an email that she had sent me earlier. I asked her what she was up to and she had absolutely no clue about the surprise. She thought she was just headed out to eat with her family! :D Again, fun times and drinks were had by all!
Other than that, the week was full of house-sitting, the hubs and I alternating who stays at home with the puppies. I've had very little sleep since the hubs isn't here with me and strange noises make me jumpy. This week I told him that I really need to stay with the dogs, since I sleep slightly better with them here. (Just a little bit, not much since random barking by the boys make me jumpy too.)
Okay. Well, I'm sure that you're not here for random recaps of my week... so here's my July FoPASS swap square.
I designed this one myself with a few cable patterns from a stitch dictionary. AND! I managed to finish this sucker before July 1st! It is still sitting on my table, waiting for a good blocking... but it's done! :) Now I just have to start my own. (If the socks don't continue to distract me anyway.) *Whew!*
|