Pattern: Twisted Tweed Socks by Schrodinger
Needles: 2.75 mm DPNs
Yarn: Brooks Farm Acero in AC8
Began: January 22, 2009
Completed: March 19, 2009
After a few weeks on the backburners, while I was working on my FoPASS afghan squares, husband’s socks are finally finished.
Mods – I did one modification. (Other than changing needle size to get gauge) I knit the second sock so that the pattern would twist in the opposite direction. Other than that I knit them as the pattern specified, even down to the short row heels!
I really enjoyed knitting the heels, but when I tried the socks on I found that they don’t fit my foot as well as heel flaps. I’ll have to ask the husband which he thinks fits his foot better. I’m sure there will be plenty more socks with short rows, just probably not socks for myself.
The pattern was easy to memorize and very simple, which was great for my purse sock, and the final product looks a lot more complicated than it actually was. (Always a plus in my book). The yarn was nice to work with. It has silk in it so it was a bit sticky on my wooden needles. It feels soft but very durable, so hopefully the husband won’t wear through them anytime soon.
|