Monday, March 23, 2009

Convinced

After this weekend I am quite convinced that a three day weekend makes so much more sense than a two day weekend.

See, the way I figure, if most people are like me they leave the bulk of the house cleaning/laundry doing to the weekend... which means that Saturday is usually cleaning day. And since most people have Saturday and Sunday off, most Saturdays are also the days where there are birthday parties and other social events which one is required to attend. (Ok, so you may not be required but it would probably be a good idea to go, unless you have another reason not to other than you have to do your laundry.) So Saturdays are, at least in my experience, busier than the weekdays.

Then you get around to Sunday. Not only do you have Monday looming in the distance, which totally puts a damper on the day, but if you are religious or have family in the area this is the day where you still can't sleep in because of church or family obligations. In my case we have both. Church in the morning immediately followed by family lunch/dinner. Sometimes we don't return home until after dark and then we have to cram the remaining preparations for the week ahead into an hour or two.

If everyone had three day weekends, there'd be a whole extra day to sleep in and to relax!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I didn't get any knitting time in this weekend. And that I'm pretty bummed that there isn't anything really to post about. Maybe next weekend I'll be able to fit some knitting time in there somewhere...