Monday, January 26, 2009

New Socks

I always have a sock-in-progress in my purse. It's what keeps me sane through each workday, knowing that I'll have 30 minutes at lunch to do what I want to do... to actually do something productive, and something that will be appreciated.

The fiddly things (to me) like casting on, the heel and the bind off done at home so that there is little frustration, and there is nothing that I have to look up online when I'm at work knitting.

When I finished the Zombies I figured that it would be simpler to move the scarf to purse knitting since I really need it for a trip in February...

...well, that didn't work well at all and left me looking for a new sock to cast on, this time for the husband.

The criteria.
- Must be simple and easy to memorize.
- Must be manly (no lace)
- No cables - since this falls under fiddly in my book
and above all, must be approved by the husband as acceptable for the yarn that he picked out at SAFF.

The winner, thanks to recommendations by the FoP was Schrodinger's Twisted Tweed Socks.



The yarn is Brooks Farm Acero in AC8. Unfortunately, upon winding there were four knots in the skein. Totally disappointing, but from what I've heard from others, extremely uncommon. I know that I should contact them, just to let them know, but I'm not exactly sure what I would say. In the past I've had great experiences with their yarn and this one skein isn't going to keep me from purchasing from them in the future.

Has anyone else had to contact a vendor about a similar problem? Or are you a vendor who has received emails regarding your product? Are there any helpful tips you could give?