Monday, December 15, 2008

FO – Noro Striped Scarf


Pattern: Noro Striped Scarf as written down by Jared Flood (Brooklyn Tweed).
Needles: ­4.5 mm straights
Yarn: Noro Kureyon in 233 and 219.

Began: November 21, 2008
Completed: December 13,2008


The scarf was the only knit to see action on the trip to Orlando this weekend. Husband really wanted to wear it to his dad's 70th birthday party. Luckily I ran out of yarn about 4 hours before we had to be at the party.



I love the simplicity of this pattern. I didn't modify any part of this pattern and knit it exactly as Jared did. It was perfect knitting for the car and for watching t.v. I did not really enjoy using Noro though. I know there are plenty of Noro-addicts out there, I just happen to not be one of them. There were quite a few knots in each skein and I broke the yarn quite frequently. Although towards the end I was able to lessen the breaks by consciously knitting much looser when I could feel the yarn was underspun.



Only 1 more Christmas present to go! (Well, there's another 2 presents for the husband, but he's received one on time so the rest can come as they may).