I decided this morning that today is not Monday, it’s a Wednesday. There are only two more days until the weekend so it must be Wednesday.
That being said, there are only two projects currently on the needles. Husband’s Charade Socks (Rav. Link) and the Noro Striped Scarf, also for husband, that was cast-on Friday.
So far the color changes have been keeping me highly amused (as did last seasons Hell’s Kitchen which kept me company while knitting this weekend). I was hoping that my experience with Kureyon would be better than my experience with Noro sock yarn… it wasn’t much better.
It’s not as sticky feeling as the sock yarn, but there is breakage galore. The current tally of breaks is at 27, granted it’s mostly just one skein, but it kills me. At least I should be an expert spit-splicer by the end of this project.
But it is beautiful. And the husband did say he would wear it. (It’s going to replace his first scarf – my first ever knitting project. Which is so full of random yos and wonky stitches that I’m embarrassed when he wears it out anywhere other than work).
Maybe it'll be finished before Friday... I do have a 4 hour car ride to Orlando...
|