*If you don't want to be reminded about Christmas the upcoming C word, feel free to skip this post. You have been warned.*
There may be slight lapses of blogging from now until Christmas. I managed to have a slight freak out this week when I realized the amount of knitting and spinning that I need to accomplish prior to the holidays.
Now, I'm not the type to freak out and kill my wrists and fingers in order to get all the knits to their recipients prior to Christmas (uh, like my dad's two years in the making Christmas scarf), but I really, really, want to gift certain knitted items to friends and family who will appreciate them.
But I have to finish the sweater first! I'm hoping this is off the needles before SAFF (October 24ish), and after that presents are the theme... and maybe my Clapotis thrown in there too. Maybe.
I did take a break from sleeve knitting, this weekend and finish the first of my dad's Christmas socks (yes, there is still a bit of guilt over the amount of time that it took to knit his first Christmas present so I wanted to make sure that his present is finished first).
Toe not kitchenered until the end (just in case). The cuff of the next one is already cast on.
This last picture is much truer to the real colors, at least on my monitor anyway.
|