The MiL made it safely back to N.C. this afternoon. Life can go back to normal now and naps can be had without guilty feelings! (And oh how lovely a nap today will be! It's very needed.)
We spent most of Thursday through Friday cleaning and preparing for a garage sale (which I had forgotten about until later Thursday night). Both nights were late nights and worse they were early mornings! Saturday, we were up and moving by 6 am – which I think should be outlawed. Weekends are supposed to be for sleeping in and recovering from the work week, not for getting up earlier than normal straight into mass chaos.
The garage sale was… disappointing. I think because it was just too hot outside. Husband wants to have another one in two weekends, but this time at my parents house on the other end of town. Hopefully we'll get rid of the rest of the stuff that is now residing in the carport.
There was only a tiny bit of knitting accomplished. The Spring Forward socks were recast on. Other than that there was no knitting. But I do have a project that has been sitting in the wings waiting for its turn to be introduced to the blogosphere.
My February Lady Sweater (Rav. link) has been my tabletop knitting for the past few weeks. I'm using Knit Picks Shine Worsted in their laurel colorway, which arrived at my house right after I left for Tampa. I'm hoping to finish up the Clapotis quickly so I can devote all my time and attention to this one and get it off the needles before SAFF.
|