Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 8, 2008

Internet Hating = Swatching

Yesterday I came home to post a FO but the internets had different ideas. It would let me check my mail but Blogger, Bloglines, and Ravelry were "unavailable".

So I restarted the modem and the router and the airport on the computer, waited an episode of 8 Simple Rules and tried again.

Nothing.

The computer said it was connected to our wireless, but I couldn't get a darn page to load, not even my mail.

So I did what any other person would do…


I started a swatch.


And it's not just any swatch.

I managed, after several tries with smaller needles, a few close calls with my eye and the end of a needle, and a few threats to throw them across the room and let the dogs eat them, to cast on with Judy's Magic Cast On (Does this mean I can check off the toe up part of my resolution?) The swatch is an instruction in Cat Bordhi's Book New Pathways for Sock Knitters which I picked up before leaving for Convergence.

So far I've only managed to read a few pages (mostly because I had to stop and knit the swatch), but I know I'm going to have to read and re-read this book because there is just soooo much information in it!! And I haven't even gotten to the patterns yet!

-------------------------


Oh, and today… today the husband turns old.



Happy birthday husband! I love you!