Monday, July 21, 2008

Behind Door #2

The second package to greet me at my doorstep on Friday made its way from Knit Picks who happen to be having a 40% off sale on books.


The haul


I picked up the Harlot’s page-a-day calendar, Interweaves Knit and Purl and Cable and Arans to go along with the Lace book I already have. Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters Almanac also made it's way to my house.

So far I’ve glanced at my birthday on the calendar to see what tidbit of information there is on it (I know I’m not the only one who looks ahead!) and have flipped through the Knit and Purl book.

I must admit that this weekend was totally a non-knitting one. My distal phalangeal joints (the finger joints closest to my fingertips) have been pretty achy lately, so I wanted to give them some time off to heal. Plus the husband was out of town so I pretty much pulled out all my crafting supplies and went to town, not staying on a particular project or medium for probably more that 20 minutes.

There may have been an incident with an interior wall and charcoal and a subsequent incident with paint. But on the bright side, husband has now promised to paint a few of the walls that I want to not be boring anymore! Now if only I could convince him to let me have free roam of the walls in the house. (He’s afraid that our home will end up like my college apartment… if you really wanna see pictures email me or leave a comment).

Who ever said that you have to use only one or two colors per wall?!! And seriously who said you have to paint into corners? These people need to be fired! ;)