Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Christmas Present Number 1

Luckily, my MiL does not read my blog, so I can freely post about progress on her Christmas present!

My MiL is a very special lady, who loves nothing better than to help out, and who loves creating things for those she cares about. Last year for my birthday she made me an awesome container out of a gourd and pine needles. (I’ll have to remember to take a picture when I get back from Tampa). She also sent husband and I a huge shell from when she first met husband’s dad. (Along with a wonderful story of how they met.) She is one of those people who loves and cherishes handcrafted items, and is the perfect recipient for handknit items since she also lives in NC where they can be used more. Luckily she loves simple designs much like myself, so I often find that things that I love she will love as well.



The first year I learned to knit, she received a garter stitch scarf, my first finished object ever, knit out of some Lion Brand yarn that I honestly don’t remember the name of. Last year, I made her socks with Claudia’s Handpainted yarn.

This year I’ve decided to cast on a Clapotis for her. The husband chose Dream in Color Classy in Cloud Jungle for this project and I must admit, I’ve been so excited with the yarn and pattern, that I’ve knit almost nothing else since casting on! I’m hoping to finish this before we visit her in October while we are up in NC for SAFF. Then she’ll be able to wear it during this winter!



I'm only 9 rows away from being finished with the increases on this baby!! I'm so excited to start dropping stitches!! :D