Thursday, May 22, 2008

FO = Seaside Socks


(I promise to take a better, centered photo when I can get home while it's sunny out and not raining).

Pattern: Seaside Socks (Rav. Link) by Ruth
Needles: 2.25mm DPNs
Yarn: Yarn Pirate Merino Sock in Panama

Began: April 17, 2008
Completed: May 21, 2008


Finished by the time I reached Gainesville on my way home from Tampa! No mods were made to these socks, although I did knit the larger pattern repeat on DPNs instead of the two circulars like written in the instructions. The pattern is super easy to memorize and made a great travel sock. I really like how these socks turned out and to be honest, I really liked the pattern a lot more than the Monkey's that I knit.

The yarn was wonderful, not splitty but still smooshy and springy. I have more than enough yarn left to have made much bigger socks. The colors are gorgeous and there is no pooling.

The only thing I have to remember for the future is to not wear lotion when knitting with teals/blue because both times I've used a tealish/blue color yarn I've ended up with slightly blue fingers. (I really think it's just the color of the dye, since both yarns were by different dyers). None of the dye came off on my clothes, or the Piddleloop bag that the socks were stored in, just on my fingers after I had put on lotion, not before.

So now I'm sockless... I do need to start and finish some socks for my dad's Christmas present, but I still have to order yarn for those. (And looking through my sock yarn stash, I feel like I don't have enough... I can't find one that I want to work with.)

What socks should I knit next? Pattern suggestions? Yarn suggestions??

One last thing... Something wonderful may have come in the mail while I was away.