Thank you everyone for your feedback/comments on what to do with my crap that I don't need anymore. So far we have a carport full of things to sell along with a dresserfull and a huge pile in the house. :)
I will definitely be donating all the soaps and hotel shampoos to the local homeless shelter. I've started on the kitchen/front room, however I've hit a brick wall. We have so much stuff and we never cook. I need husband's final approval to get rid of some of the kitchen stuff, since most of it is his since long before we were married.
The yarn situation has been remedied as has storage for one of the sewing machines. The back room now looks empty... but the rest of the house has piles of stuff everywhere and looks like a disaster! They are small piles, but have no official place to go (and I don't think the husband would appreciate their new homes being where I've left them).
My spinning supplies are on husband's couch in his room (yes he has a room all to himself for all his toys and clutter)... they need a new home somewhere as well but I have no idea where they should go.
This weekend, while the back room is all tidy and clean we are planning on painting (which may mean more clutter elsewhere), and I'm so looking forward to selling our crap so we can get bookshelves with doors so there will be less dusting of the yarn and books!!
For now I think I'll knit a little bit and debate on what else I can do without...
PS- How does everyone store purses? Right now mine are lined up on a shelf, but they take up too much room that way. Ideas?
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Brick Walls
Posted by
The Gadabout Knitter
at
2:05 PM
Labels: Organization, Random
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|