Well, I got around to ordering another computer. Hopefully it will arrive on Friday so I'll be back up and running at home! I'll be able to get my Ravelry fix everyday and I'll be able to upload pictures at my house instead of waiting till Sunday at my parent's! Woot!!
There has been lots done lately. All the traveling was good for my knitting. However since I've been back home there has been little knitting progress and lots of slow and tedious sewing progress.
Yes, that's right. You heard me... sewing.
In order to get rid of husband's shirts that he never wears (but still hangs in the closet), I promised him that I would take his favorites and make a blanket for him. He was so excited that we sorted through his shirts immediately and pulled 16 that had to be included. (His words, not mine).
Since returning from Oklahoma I've been up to my neck cutting shirts and adding interfacing. Right now all of the shirts are cut (not quite to size, but close enough) and three have interfacing all done. I only have 13 more to go for interfacing and then some of the smaller logos that are going to be added... and then I'm going to cut them all to the exact same size, and pray that the one with the largest logo won't be bigger than the smallest shirt.
Did I mention that this thing is going to be monsterous? I'm guestimating that as of this moment it will be large enough to comfortably cover a Califoria King. But husband is so excited that I just can't bring myself to not include some of the shirts that he wants.
In the meantime, I have spent my days at work dreaming about my new socks in progress.
They're Ruth's Seaside Socks (Rav. link).
The pattern is wonderful (and easy to memorize) and the pattern and the yarn (Yarn Pirate fingering weight) go so well together! It really looks like beautiful Caribbean waters and really reminds me of Honduras.
|