Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm Baaack!

The trip was. It really wasn't good/bad/boring/interesting... it just was. There were some interesting speakers as well as some boring as all get out speakers and in general I think everything evened out to just nothing.

Lots of knitting was accomplished. I'm halfway through a new sock and a few inches were added to my dad's scarf. Unfortunately Icarus made the trip for nothing.

I did have a personal achievement on the flight back. The man sitting next to me on the flight from Oklahoma City to Memphis decided that he would take a nap and encroach on my personal space. Normally I would not say anything or do anything and I'd just be really pissed off the whole trip.

But you see, he took up so much of my seat and my space that I was unable to knit efficiently. That my friends, would not fly.

I ran a few scenarios over in my head (He was a very big dude. One that could easily squash me like a bug, or worse yet! My bamboo DPNs). After a few moments debating if it was really necessary to wake him up to tell him to get out of my space, I decided.

I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him politely (and somewhat timidly) if he would mind if I put the armrest down (therefore limiting the amount of my seat he could take up). He looked at me for what seemed like hours and finally nodded.

I spent the rest of the flight happily knitting away. :D