If most knitters are like me than it's a wonder that anything gets done ever!
I'm not sure if it's the colder weather, or just that time of the year but my friends. My name is Lani, and I'm a fiber-a-holic.
I sit at work and can't focus on the tasks that I need to accomplish. I paruse Ravelry on an extremely regular basis. I read blogs. Lots and lots of blogs. I feel antsy and discontent (and non-productive) for most of the day until I can get home and knit or spin. I dream about creating all the projects in my que, but have yet to get around to some of the WIPs that I already have. My spending has quickly spiraled out of control.
I've noticed that within the past month or so the obsession has grown so much that I'm afraid I may do something drastic... ...like change jobs, just to have more time for my supposed "hobby". And I'm seriously considering it. I just need to figure out what in the world I would do to support this habit while still being able to stay home and knit.
Seriously the only thing that has come to mind is, "Hey, you could be a stay at home mom!" Erm, and that one's not happening anytime soon. :) (And I know that if/when I ever do have kids that it will be a full time job and will most likely not lead to excess knitting, but you know I can dream right?)
Right now it's 8 a.m. and I'm at work. I should be doing things like... well, I donno. I've finished all the tasks on my list already and now I'm going to sit here till 3.30 and do everything but knit. I think things would be better if they would allow me to knit at my desk, say like if I'm in a conference call, or if I'm on the phone. Then I could get my fix and perhaps focus on what I'm actually supposed to be doing. ... Ok, now I'm rambling on.
So am I the only one?
(PS) - Oh, and I'm five rows away from being done with the present! Yay!
|