Friday, November 16, 2007

Five Before

A panic is rising. There are five days between now and when I see my cousin who's baby present I've been working frantically on. There has been no spinning as the panic has erased the enjoyment of spending an hour at the wheel. (However I do have roving to push me on my way through the tedious knitting). As soon as this present is complete, including ends woven in, I will allow myself to spend as much time as I like spinning up the deliciousness that the postman has brought for me.

The only other thing on the needles are socks for my mom (for Christmas). I'm working Wendy's Southwestern Socks the cuff down version. I'm using Dream in Color Smooshy (Wisterious) purchased from The Loopy Ewe.



So far I'm loving the yarn, the pattern, everything! It's simple enough that I don't have to think about and so far an extremely quick knit. And the yarn! I'm definitely going to have to use more of this stuff! I think that it's my new favorite sock yarn. So shiny and the variegation is great. (And it's really squooshy too).

Well, I'm off to try and crank out more of the present. In case you're curious as to what it looks like now, I've added new photos on Ravelry. I'm Gadaboutknitter there too.

If I don't post again until after Thanksgiving assume I'm not finished with the present yet. If so, I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!