*Sigh* I meant to post about all the exciting (and not so exciting) things that have happened in the past few days but the weekend just got away from me.
Friday Recap:
I posted about a Knit Night set up by the Ravelrers on Friday night. I sped home after work to start on the cookies that I had promised if all the Ravelrers came out, but I didn't plan enough time! So I begged husband to help me bake, mainly him watching the timer so I could get ready, before he left to go watch my brother. (Read: Play Halo 3 all night). I ended up being 30 minutes late, mostly due to traffic issues but I made it! Fun was had by all, cookies were eaten and I only spent $30, which was a major accomplishment. I picked up some Socks Stix in 2.75mm from Lantern Moon as well as another ball of the Kathmandu Aran for Shedir.
I then proceeded to stay up the entire night because husband had to stay with my brother and the boys (Atlas mainly) were on high alert and barking at every little noise outside. Which of course made me nervous and there was no sleep until light broke. I did manage to watch tons of Discovery Health shows and work on Shedir and the baby present.
Saturday Recap:
I slept till 10 am, knit for an hour or two and went back to bed until 3 pm. Husband came home and we headed to pick my dad up from the airport (braving FSU gameday traffic). Picked my brother up, because obviously the guys didn't play enough Halo the night before... Then watched some UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) on pay-per-view at a friends till 1 am and came home. The guys then proceeded to stay up until God knows when to play more Halo (theres a theme here huh?)
And we had a bit of a mishap. In all the chaos that was, I totally forgot that this weekend was my friend A's daughter's birthday party! I feel so badly about it too! It didn't even dawn on me until Sunday at church when she mentioned it! :( Seriously, I don't want kids (for the time being anyway), but if I had to have kids I'd really want mine to be just like hers, although mine. They are cute as all get out, smart and for some reason they are the only kids that I even want to hold. (Which for me is really strange, I'm not a "Oh-I-want-to-hold-all-the-babies!" person).
Sunday Recap:
Church. Lunch with my family. Long. Nap. (No laundry, no cleaning, no anything productive). :)
Today:
Work and progress on Shedir.
Also, progress on the baby present on Ravelry.
Whew! Now I'm off to pack for North Carolina (leaving Tuesday night after work) and SAFF!!! Spinning lesson here I come!
|