Wednesday, October 31, 2007

An now a break...

...from your regularly scheduled programing.

Dudes, my eyes are screwed. (You'll have to forgive the rant. There will be no knitting content today.)

A few weeks ago my eyes were light sensitive, okay they were extremely light sensitive. Contacts were not my friends. So I went to the eye doctor.

I had conjunctivitis. (Inflammation of parts of my eye). Not good.

Contacts could not be worn for two weeks. So I went to work in my dorky glasses and only used them when I absolutely had to.

Two weeks go by and I go back to the eye doctor. I get the all clear with a slight concern from him that now I have an astigmatism in my right eye. I can still wear the same prescription contacts (I did get a box of new ones), but the right eye won't see perfectly clearly. That's all fine and dandy.

Monday I got my new glasses. Cute frames that husband says makes me look "extra hot". (I still think glasses make me look really dorky but whatever.) I wear them Monday night and get a headache. Not totally unusual when getting used to new glasses.

Last night I wear my glasses. Killer pain in the head. Like want to lie down and throw up at the same time type of pain. I do some tests of my own. Left eye sees perfectly clearly with the glasses. Right eye however sees the words on the computer screen plus a shadow of the words right below it, clearly enough so I can read both the actual text and the shadow.

Crap.

No more glasses for me until they get fixed. That means another trip to the eye doctor and $$, which I blew all of at SAFF, for a new lens in said glasses.

I don't want to go back to the eye doctor! :(