Wednesday, August 1, 2007

One of Those People...

I wasn't planning on posting today because other than miles of garter stitch (that has been shown over and over), there is nothing much going on here.

Except for some anxiety!


Through the timesucking joy that is Ravelry, I have discovered there are many, many more knitters/spinners/fiber-fanatics in Tallahassee, Florida than I originally thought. Being that there are three LYSs in town I'm pretty darn sure that I will eventually run into someone that I know via Ravelry, in fact there is a spinning demonstration on Friday here at one of the LYSs that some will be participating in.

Now I'm torn! I started blogging to be connected to others who shared my enthusiasm and to get ideas and help on projects. In reality, I'm very much more toward the loner/hermit tendancy than a people person. Anxiety kicks in frequently and I chicken out of doing outgoing things. Will people judge me? Will they like me? What if I'm not any good? Sometimes even going into a yarn store and asking questions makes my stomach queasy (Thankfully, I have yet to actually throw up or faint or anything horrific like that).

I do go climbing, where there are lots of people, but I have husband there to cling to if I get panicky. He can't always be there, like on Friday if I decide to go. Already the nerves are kicking in! *Sigh*

We'll see if I go (I really want to)... Is anyone else like this? Or am I the strange one?