Sunday, June 24, 2007

FO! Surprise Birthday Scarf!


Pattern: Snowy Triangle Scarf by Iris Schreier in Handknit Holidays
Needles: 6.5mm Bamboo Straights
Yarn: Frabjous Fibers in Teal




Sister loved, loved, loved her present! Granted she had seen my friend A. wear the exact same thing in Orange over Easter. But she didn't think I was paying that much attention. Yeah right! Gush over a knitted product that my friend made? Yeah I paid as much attention as my dogs do over steak dinners!

And! My secret pal went and purchased my very first shawl pattern for me!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! Icarus Shawl by Miriam Felton. It's was published in Interweave Knits Summer 2006 and when I started to see the finished shawls I knew I had to have one!

I had planned on using my Fino to make this but the recommended yardage would be cutting it close. I searched Ravelry (thank God for Ravelry) for people who have finished Icarus. And lo and behold someone has knit Icarus with Fino! She said that she left out a pattern repeat and had a quarter of a skein left. So I'm debating.

Should I go ahead and start the shawl (when a few of the other projects are completed of course... the shawl will be my reward) with the Fino or should I order something else with more yardage?