Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Crazy Day

WARNING: Never leave your home without something knitterly in content. This could happen to you!

I live in Florida. The Florida that hasn't had rain since only God knows when. Heck lake Okeechobee is so low that archeologists have unearthed some crazy stuff! I read about it here.

Florida is also hot. And humid as all get out. If you park your car in the shade, anytime after the sun is up and leave for one minute your car temperature inside reaches incredible numbers. (Side note: I work with an injury prevention program that has a special project to remind people not to leave children in a car for any period of time. We have a special thermometer that has one part to record the temperature in a parked car outside and another to show the temperature indoors. This past winter (okay so think January) it was in my car for a week and it still reached 100 degrees F even though the outside temperature didn't top 70.)

Anyway, I always, always, always leave my car windows cracked open (like an inch) to try, however vainly, to cool the car down a bit. And this morning... I locked my keys in the car. No big deal. I call husband to come after he gets off work to unlock the car for me.

Not even an hour after I get to work there is a torrential downpour. I mean, big claps of lighting, thunder, wind to make the rain go sideways, cats, dogs, the whole shebang! And my windows are open. *Sigh*

On top of that I was being a good girl and a good employee and left my sock at home today. There was a lot of work that I needed to do today and figured I'd focus and get it all accomplished. All I needed was one little form from my big boss. Then my big boss emails to let us know that she won't be coming in today. Ok, things are still okay, my other boss might be able to keep me busy until 3.30 pm. Nope, my boss left at noon. So from 12.00 till now (3.48) I have been surfing, wishing that this had not been the one day that I came to work sans knitting.

The knitting gods sure do have a sense of humor. You can be sure that I will never ever leave my house without something knitterly in my bag.