Monday, March 19, 2007

Racing the Sun

Yay! After an extremely unproductive weekend I came home today and was VERY productive!

First, the boring stuff. I cleaned the house. Well, since I know husband will read this later I will clarify. I cleaned most of the house. It was desperately needed. Living with three dogs and a bird = lots of mess and hair. Even though I shave my puppies short, after 2 days there are huge piles of hair piled up in the corners (gross I know). So instead of coming home and running like normal I swept and dusted and started to pick up... then husband came home and naturally I switched gears.

Today at work I finished the foot of Gray Ragg Socks Take Two, sock two and all I had left was the toe. A quick glance at the clock told me that if I wanted to finish the second sock and take pictures outside, I'd better hurry. I plopped my rear down on the couch in front of a rerun of Gilmore Girls to finish the sock in a hurry. It was a race against time... who would win? Would I finish the second sock before the sun went down??



But of course!!


And look! These are the best looking gussets that I have ever done! (Although I'm not exactly sure if that is how they are supposed to look, or if you can even really tell from the pictures what my gussets look like).



But they are the most even gussets that I've ever knitted. Huzzah!

Now I'm off to try and fix my daddy's scarf, I've been procrastinating way too long on this and it needs to be finished.