Wednesday, February 28, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I have little experience with different types of yarn as the selection at the craft stores are limited. I am pretty much open to trying any and every type of yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have an "Eagle Good to Go" knitting bag that holds needles as well as I have a silk case that a friend gave me. Edited (3.10) - I also picked up a Lantern Moon small needle case for my DPNs, hooks and other misc stuff.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 3 months. One of my friends taught me and holds craft night at her house once a month. I think that I would be an advanced beginner. I am comfortable with more than just knitting and purling, but I haven't created anything except for scarves, hats and basic socks.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.

5. What's your favorite scent? Anything but vanilla and jasmine. I do like woodsy smells though.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Raspberry and Dark Chocolate... the only way chocolate should be.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I guess renovating a house wouldn't really be helpful here. Once in a blue moon I cross-stitch and I would eventually like to learn how to spin but haven't gotten around to it yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). I lean towards music like Poe and Natalie Merchant, although the WB had some great soundtracks to Smallville and the Gilmore Girls. And yes, my computer and stereo play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love, love, love deep reds as well as natural colors (white, creme, taupe). I very much dislike orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live in a house full of boys. I have a husband as well as 3 dogs, a Rottie (my baby), a Lab (his baby), and a Pit/Chesapeake Bay mix (our baby)... who are all boys. I have been withholding posts about them for long, non-knitting spells which I'm certain are bound to happen sooner or later.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Hmm... well living in Florida the weather is not at all conducive to wearing any of the above on a regular basis. If I lived somewhere where it was cold enough to wear scarves and hats for a few months out of the year I would.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really enjoyed socks, but I would like to try my hand at lace (I have Branching Out from Knitty.com on my list and have yarn picked out), and I would also like to try some simple cables.

13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf for my dad and a hat for my husband.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo straights, unless there is some magical brand of circulars that the cord doesn't get all twisted and funky.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No and no. That's what I have a husband for. :)

17. How old is your oldest UFO? My first ever knitting project, a scarf for husband. All garter stitch. Only 1/2 way done with that one. Although I guess I should finish it.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, mainly because Florida weather is just getting nice around December.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really. My husband has all the collections in the house. Although we have started a pretty cool chopstick collection... (Don't ask... I donno where it came from).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would really like to try the Birch Shawl or the Icarus Shawl which I don't know where either comes from (nor do I know how difficult they would be for a beginner). I don't have any subscriptions yet, but with my new job means spending money so suggestions on magazines is always welcome and appreciated.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I only know one cast on and one bind off (I think the cast on is the long tail). Also I would like to try cabling.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I have knit one pair of socks and enjoyed them extremely. I don't know what my measurements are (nor do I really know where to measure to get said numbers) however I wear a US size 10 in women's so ... I have no idea if that helps.

23. When is your birthday? July 20