Friday, June 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I had hoped to have progress shots on my June FoPASS swap square, and after knitting 2 inches worth, I decided that it was just a little bit too wide for me to be happy with.
... So it's been frogged.

The sock mojo has been missing lately and after careful consideration why neither the Leyburn sock or the Zauberball sock have been appealing, decisions have been made. The Zauberball sock, as a single has been tricky to work with in the Florida heat and humidity. So the second sock is just going to have to wait until the fall, when temperatures drop and the yarn won't stick to my hands and felt while being knit.

And while I love the STR that I'm using for the Leyburn, and while I love the pattern itself, I just don't love them both together. (Too bad it took me half a sock to realize this. I guess I was just being overly optimistic that eventually they would both work together to turn into something that I adored).
... So it's been frogged.

In the meantime I've been debating starting a sweater for the husband. I have Ella Rae Amity in a sweaters quantity, in a color that he chose (for a previous sweater, which was frogged). I was originally planning on starting a Cobblestone for him, but the more I look at the finished projects on Ravelry, the more I think that it is not the sweater for this yarn, or for the husband.

So, I'm still in search of a simple manly sweater pattern for a solid color yarn.

Any suggestions?