Is how fast I feel the last week has went. I had a huge project that I had to turn around on extremely short notice (which meant that I worked late). Also, I was reminded on Tuesday that the MiL was going to be in town this weekend, so things had to be spic-and-span for her arrival, food had to be purchased... and on top of all of that it rained almost non-stop all week, with Thursday night culminating with the tornado sirens going off and winds seemingly stronger than some of the hurricanes that I've been through.
The forecasters did mention that the storms on Thursday had winds topping at 70 mph. And boy did we feel it!
Thursday night after the sirens went off repeatedly, the weather got so nasty that I ended up taking shelter in the closet with all of the pups - the husband was already at class - for about 20 minutes. Luckily they all behaved and we were lucky enough not to have massive damage to our house or to our neighborhood.
But Friday when I arrived at work at 6.30 am, we were unable to get into the building since the power had been knocked out and the sonitrol swiper thingy wouldn't read our badges. It took 2 and 1/2 hours and the cutting out of the glass on a door before we were able to get into the building. And lets face it, after that it was very difficult to stay focused at work.
Hopefully this will be a better, less stressful week!
Monday, April 6, 2009
70 Miles Per Hour
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|