Monday, September 8, 2008

When Knitting Goes Bad

Infuriating. Just infuriating. Everything that I've "worked on" tonight has just been maddening!! Enough that if it wasn't so late, and if everything just hadn't turned out as horribly as it has... I would just cast on something else!

My toe-up sock is too short for my liking and the bind off is sloppy and too tight. I'm thinking I'm going to just have to find another skein of 141 and then use another 1/2 skein on the sock to make it taller, but who knows when I'll get around to ordering another.

The FLS sleeves are also making me want to throw it across the room (as frustrating knits are likely to do). I'm going to have to go find 5mm DPNs as the circulars are just too fiddly and the cords keep becoming tangled... and in the process I've messed up a row! I blame it on the fact that I was too busy fighting with the circs to count to seven properly.

I think they are revolting since they were in the room when the Feather and Fan was frogged last night. Although I would think that would make them behave if they don't want to end up in cement at the bottom of frog pond.

Stupid knits. :(