Monday, August 25, 2008

And the cherry on top…

… is the fact that I abhor the short row heel on my dad's sock. No, I don't believe I dislike this type of heel in general, just not on a present. I can deal with crap heels on my own socks, heck I'm even willing to give crap heels to the husband, but I cannot in my right mind keep the short-row heel on a present to my dad.

Especially after how long it took me to knit his first present.

So for now these socks have been relegated to the timeout corner and new socks will be cast on for work. I'm thinking some plain vanilla socks in a really thick, chunky yarn with lots of colors (totally different than the Spectator socks).

In other news, it is still raining in the Big Bend area (Florida panhandle for those not in the know)… The tropical storm has actually been pushed slightly back East so for the fourth day in a row it has poured buckets. The husband informed me that we have received 22 inches of rain and that was as of last night. I'm sure there are 3 or 4 more inches now to add on top of that.

The only good thing about the rain, unless it gets you an unexpected day off, is the crazy knitting that can be accomplished… by which I mean the yoke of my February Lady Sweater! YAY!