The first sock for my husband is done. See how nice and pretty it turned out? Not too bad for my first sock off-the-cuff.

Even the gussets came out beautifully, with no holes (a first for me!) All in all a perfect sock, no pooling to be found here either.

Oh yeah, except for the fact that it does not fit husband's foot!
Not only does it not fit, but since I kept trying it on while working (and husband and I have the same size foot) and it fit me... well, I may have already woven in the toe and snipped the tail. Seriously, how disheartening is that?
True, I could wear the socks myself but I purchased the yarn for my husband since they are his favorite combo of colors, and basically made my own pattern (no matter how simple) for him. Heck, if I had wanted to make socks for myself I would have picked a pattern that would be all layed out for me and require no thinking on my part.
He says he'll still wear them when we go climbing, so long as they aren't so thick as to not fit in his climbing shoes... but I donno. They are really just that small on him (the heel flap barely ends up on his heel, and the foot is way too short).

Cast on another sock of course! (Pattern already finished, no thought required).
|