Thank you guys so much for all your kind words and encouragement! It really does mean the world to both myself and husband. Knowing that you're thinking of us, and our friends family, really helps me get through the day.
Last night husband and I were deep in conversation and I asked him how he felt, and why he didn't seem to be so sad (yes, I was sort of jealous). He told me that our friend had already finished his race and could now "chill", and that he was sort of envious in a wierd way, because we are still here running our races trying to do the best that we can. And he was right.
Still doesn't remove the ache and heaviness in my heart, but I know that he is in a better place and one day we will see him again.
So... none of this has helped the Christmas present mojo. The hat is still not near finished, the scarf for husband's niece is started but I'm thinking that it will end up being her birthday present (Jan 1). The Southwestern socks are on hold till I do the math for the heel and my dad's scarf... well, let's not speak of that.
To be honest I really just want to spin and spin some more. It's something that I don't really have to think too much about and right now that's really important. But panic is creeping it's way in as I realize that I will not be able to finish all of the gifts that I need to. Even if I lock myself in the house for the next week. (Ok, well if I did that I may be able to finish). Hopefully the hat will be near completion today or tomorrow.
|