Sunday, July 29, 2007

Where has the month gone?

Wow, it's already almost August! Where did the month go?! (Hopefully August will go by just as quickly!)

The only knitting that has been done lately is on husband's garter stitch scarf. I've managed to get about 5 inches added to it in the past week and a half. Things have been crazy around here as husband is working a second job in the evenings (only for two weeks), but he's been leaving at 5.30 am and getting home at 9 pm and work has been hectic and unenjoyable for me lately. I find myself antsy and bored all at the same time. For some reason I have gotten it into my head that we need to move. Different state or different country, makes no difference to me.

Only problem with that is then neither husband or I would have a job and no social network and no nothing really. Which really puts a damper on my plan. But at the same time, doesn't stop me from using Google Maps to randomly search for places that I would like to live.

So instead I've been debating on ripping out dad's Diamond scarf. It's too drapey I think for a guy's scarf. And I'm just not enthused about the width and thickness of the whole thing. I was thinking about ripping it all, going to smaller needles and doing a thinner, width-wise, fisherman's rib. This would make a much thicker scarf which I think would be much better in the long run.

Also, a pattern was found for my mother-in-law and the Claudia's Handpainted. I really think that she would enjoy the Double Eyelet Rib socks found for free from Wendy Knits The link on Wendy's website actually takes you to the PDF format from the Loopy Ewe. Here

And tomorrow, if all goes well, sun shines and all that good stuff, there will be pictures of my latest yarn slipup haul!